Friday, March 02, 2007

I don't want to jinx myself, but ...

Things are going ok right now!

For the past week, almost a full week, I have been OP ("on plan" or "on program" for those of you not down with the dieters' lingo). I have been doing WW (flex plan) while severely limiting my sugar. I came to a decision about sugar that I am happy with. I will not let sugary snacks come into my house. Cereal bars, granola bars, WW muffins, hot cocoa, pretty much anything chocolate ... these foods are major triggers and I can't control myself when there is a box of something like that waiting for me in the cabinet.

That said, I have decided that ONCE in awhile, when I am in a situation where I can control my portion and not be in a situation where I would or could go back for seconds, or secret-eat, that dessert is ok. But just limiting it severely for the past few weeks has really cut down on my cravings. I'm very satisfied with the real food I've been eating.

And it shows that my body is happy with these changes too. Despite using most of my flex points on Thursday on restaurant food, I was *still* down almost a full pound at my weigh in this morning. 0.8 lbs doesn't sound like much on its own, but to put it in perspective, if I lost 0.8 lb every week for a year, that would be over 40 lbs lost. Not too shabby!

So...I haven't been posting as frequently because I have been working with some of my buddies on a forum I frequent and posting a lot there. I get burnt out posting the same thing over & over again. But I did copy & paste my meal journals from Monday-Friday over at my semi-secret and sporadically-updated food blog, Shrinky Stuffs Her Craw. I figured it will be nice to be able to look back at a successful week all on one page to see what I did, should I lose inspiration again.

Anyway, I have been feeling pretty good, and pretty strong. I should probably post here more when I have good news, though, to show that I'm not completely incapable of getting my act together.

Have a great weekend, readers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you and I are trying the same exact plan. I mean, *I* am trying and you are succeeding ;).

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home