Wednesday, February 14, 2007

More reflecting

Last week was mostly sugar-free ... I'm still doing a lot of reading and research and trying to pay attention to my body. There was a minor bump in the road this weekend and I spent a couple of days nursing a bad stomach with bland carby foods, some of which were very sugar laden. It was scary because I could feel the dramatic impact of sugar on how my body felt.

Last night I made the decision to get back on the wagon. I attended an OA meeting (online) and made a meal plan for today, which I am following to the letter, so far.

It's a little hard because there is sugar everywhere. Especially with Valentine's Day being today and Easter coming up next. Try going into a supermarket or drugstore and ignoring the candy. It's impossible, it's bright and colorful and attention-grabbing.

I've been doing a lot of reading about recovery from sugar/food addictions and it's a little overwhelming. There are tremendous amounts of conflicting information. Everything has to be taken with a grain of salt, to boot. From strict 3-meals a day to eating every 2-3 hours; from banning all sugar/flour/wheat to learning about your own personal sensitivities and triggers.

Another thing I find frustrating is that I have yet to find a really good, comprehensive online resource or community for sugar addicts. It surprises me that it doesn't seem like this exists. There are ones that support certain diets, but I'd want to read something more generic.

Let me know if you know of any resources I'm missing.

All the while I am still going to WW meetings. What can I say, I like the encouragement and the monitoring. I do think it's important to pay attention to the scale on some level, because the last time I decided to ignore the scale, I gained a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time.

But am I a Weight Watcher? What am I? I'm confused, that's what I am. I feel like I'm learning a lot about myself, but that I still have a lot left to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home