Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just an Update

First off, this is an interesting article from CNN about restaurant food: "Restaurants Promote 'Extreme Eating'"

Who'd have thought that broccoli & cheese pasta at Ruby Tuesday's would have more calories & fat than 2 steak dinners with 2 buttered baked potatoes and 2 caesar salads?

In other news, I had been in a slump but I picked myself back up again. I don't know why I struggle to stay OP so much. I guess part of it is that I've never really gotten over feeling like a failure for restarting & stopping so many times before. I feel like whenever I tell myself that I'm starting over, that I'm committed, that THIS time I am going to do it, that I'm ultimately just lying to myself.

Then there is the curse of the 3rd week. It seems that I can stay OP for 2 weeks. The first week is easy because I'm excited and giddy and motivated. The second week is hard, but I push myself. The third week I just stop caring and give up and eat whatever I want in whatever amounts, and fall off the wagon for awhile. There is no real reason for week 3 to be so hard. I am working with a buddy to stay focused and OP for all of 3 weeks just so we can prove to ourselves we can do it.

Other than that, right now I am in my first week and thus feeling pretty pumped. Yesterday was perfectly OP. Today I have a great & workable plan. I am going to try a couple of new recipes this week as well, to keep things interesting.

I just need to stay focused on what I've learned, about keeping sugary foods away and making sure I get enough protein to stay satisfied. I can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home