Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sugar Blues

I am craving right now. All I want are sweets and bready things. I do not want my cottage cheese and pear. I want a muffin or some cake. I have a headache and I'm tired and oh so cranky. I feel like a sweet snack would make me a sweet person right now. That it would make me feel better and that it would get rid of my headache. I suspect I feel kind of crappy because of sugar withdrawal, at least in part. That just makes it even more important not to cave.

I can do it. I just have to make it through another hour at work. Then I can go home and relax. I can take a nice bubble bath, watch a movie, cook something good for dinner. I was thinking of making some whole wheat pasta with spinach, zucchini, and chicken. This sounds good in theory, but imagining it makes my stomach turn. I just want some bread. Just some plain bread.

It's not good for me. I go through these phases (btw, I'm not pregnant!) where I just feel queasy at the thought of "real" food, and all I want to eat are bagels and muffins and egg sandwiches. Basically anything you could get at a Dunkin Donuts. These phases usually lead right into extreme overeating, bingeing, and depression. Eating crap is not a way to make me feel better. If I still feel terrible, I can have some unsweetened Cream of Wheat for dinner for blandness, I suppose. But I need some vegetables and protein.

I thought it was my B-complex vitamin that was making me feel queasy - I can taste it for hours after I take it and it grosses me out. But I skipped it today and I feel just as queasy as I did yesterday.

We'll see, I guess. I just need to make it through today. That's all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I feel like a sweet snack would make me a sweet person right now" When I read this, I chuckled, how many times do I think that very same thing. It is amazing how sugar can make us so crazy. Keep up the good work, I hope you feel better.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like those little tangelos at moments like this. They are small and sweeet. I wonder if some salt on top would help????

A tall glass of water also helps.

11:15 AM  
Blogger The Fat Foreigner said...

I hope you're feeling better now, looking forward to your next post.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home