Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February Sucks

I feel bad that I know so many people with February birthdays, because I really, truly hate the month of February with a fervored passion. A large part is tomorrow...well, technically, today. My mom passed away 17 years ago today.

So very much has changed since then, and yet somehow there is a lot of the little girl I was in 1990 in me to this day. The scared, timid, shy, awkward, confused girl.

Anyway, so, I just generally feel depressed - more depressed than usual - during the month of February. Thank God it's such a short month. Spring still feels so far away at this point, but I need it so badly - for the air to smell alive again and for things to start turning green. It feels hard to be inspired to grow and change when the world itself is cold and bare.

Furthermore, I am pretty much totally off sugar ... and ugh, probably wine too ... so there isn't much for me to drown my sorrows in other than a warm bed. Grumble grumble grumble. I admit, I miss my fixes already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fatinah said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine....hang in there...

8:46 AM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

oh honey, i miss my fixes too, but it gets better. and i am sorry about your mother. i lost mine in december and that month, for a very long time, was just an ordeal. that's changed and i'm grateful, but you're right. february sucks.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home