Friday, July 06, 2007

You are getting very sleepy...

Yesterday I went to a hypnotist. I know a lot of people are skeptical about hypnosis, and I am a little too, but because of how desperate I've been feeling, it seemed like it was worth seeing if hypnosis could help me regain some positivity with regards to getting back on track. Because, really, I've just been feeling like "What's the point of trying this time?"

At any rate, it cost $80 for the first session, which was 2.5 hours long, so it seemed like it was worth trying. The first hour and a half was mostly just having a conversation about what my obstacles are, and working together to come up with a plan not just for weight loss, but to bring health back into my life. And he helped me to reframe things and come up with some exercises to keep reminding myself of where I am now headed. If nothing else, it was worth it for that hour and a half alone. It really did help me feel like I can do this - and that I am doing this. The hypnosis was relaxing, but I actually had been hypnotized before and felt that my nerves were getting in the way this time. I am not sure I was fully under. But I have a follow-up session next Friday.

In other news, somehow despite not having a very good week, I am down 2.2 lbs. And that is with having weighed in on a full stomach.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily T said...

I think it will help even if you don't go under just by being able to talk to someone and relax. A lot of overeating that people do is due to stress.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home