Monday, April 09, 2007

Update Time

So, instead of normal work, I had off site training on Friday, so I couldn't fit in my WW meeting before work. I went on Saturday instead. It reminded me why I refused to keep going to Saturday meetings. The group was mostly older and the sort of women who just wanted to chat about themselves, including the leader. There was very little discussion about weight loss or WW, just people bitching about having to have 20+ people over for Easter and having to deal with all the leftovers. Waah waah waah. It was the least constructive & least motivating meeting I have ever been to. I have to go to another Saturday meeting next week, due to more training...I may just weigh in and leave. Or if I can get my butt out of bed earlier, maybe I'll try & see if an earlier Saturday meeting is less aggrivating.

Oh, but the good stuff, I was down 0.6 lbs this week. Total since Feb is 9.6 down. 0.4 until I get my purse!

Last week honestly wasn't my best in terms of staying OP, but I feel a lot more in control this week. Yesterday was POP and today is nicely planned out. Hopefully I will see a bigger loss at my next WI as a result of better OP-ness and cleaner eating.

Oh...just a little story. I was at the supermarket on Thursday to pick up a few things. My husband likes the Jello fat free pudding cups so I grabbed him some. Then as I was browsing another aisle, a woman comes rushing up to me: "Excuse me! Excuse me!" so I turn to her wondering what she wanted. "Excuse me! I don't mean to be nosy but did you see that they have 60 calorie pudding cups?" And I said yes, those are the sugar free ones. And she points to my basket with the 100-calorie ff pudding cups and goes "Well, those are 100 calories...they have ones that are just sixty! I know when I'm watching calories, every calorie matters!" And I was kind of dumbstruck so I just mumbled something about how they're for my husband and walked away.

I really wish I had had the balls to say something snarky back to her though. I mean, there's a good chance that she didn't mean to sound as obnoxious as she did...but seriously, just because I'm fat, it doesn't mean I am actively soliciting strangers to advise me on what I should and shouldn't put in my shopping cart. I just really doubt she would have said anything to a skinny person buying FF pudding cups, you know? My fat is not a big flashing "Help Me!" sign. As you can see from my consistent weight loss over the past two months...I'm doing OK!

Anyway, yeah, just wanted to rant. And yes, she was skinny and probably in her late 40's. So she should be old enough to know better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fatinah said...

way to go on a great loss. You'll have to post a picture of your purse when you get it.
I can't believe someone approached you in the grocery store! Takes all kinds, doesn't it?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home