Monday, July 16, 2007

Trying another new thing!

I didn't mention it earlier, but a couple weeks ago Dr. Portman from Pacific Laboratories e-mailed me through this blog and asked me if I wanted to try out this drink called Satiatrim. I'm generally very skeptical of diet products, but the ingredients are fairly innocuous (it seems to be mainly a low-calorie protein drink that should make you feel fuller before you eat a meal), and it was free and, well, I'm kind of at the end of my rope these days. So today the box of Satiatrim finally came, filled with these cute little juice boxes. I immediately stuck one in the freezer so it would be chilled enough to drink before dinner, and I'm drinking it now.

Has anyone else tried Satiatrim yet? I did some searching and I did find another weight loss blog who is also trying out Satiatrim. She seems to like it. It's worth a shot, right?

The mixed berry flavor, what I'm drinking now, has a really familiar taste. It almost, but not quite, tastes like the creamy pink liquid antibiotics I would take as a kid. It's not bad though, definitely drinkable. Other than the taste, I don't have a whole lot to tell you about it yet since I am just sipping my first box now.

I've lost a little weight these past two weeks, and yet I'm not feeling all that psyched. I thought the hypnosis was going to help me to feel motivated and empowered, but I am still waking up in the middle of the night bingeing. I still think I am going to go to the lap-band surgery seminar in August. If nothing else, I need to scare myself into getting my act together.

Tonight as I was driving home, I was thinking about why on earth I do this to myself. It's very obviously a way of punishing myself for something. And yet, it's the laziest way of punishing myself there is. I could punish myself with a diet, but I would have to face the constant reminder of hunger. Instead I punish myself with overeating. It's easy to make myself forget that I'm fat except for when I'm trying to do or wear things that my weight holds me back from.

I just don't understand how I can be this fat. It doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem real. This is most people's nightmares. When did my fear of hitting 200 turn to a fear of hitting 300? How did I ever get closer to 300 than 200? Why was it so easy to get to this place???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home