Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Regrouping

Sorry for my not so happy posts recently ... I think the ups & downs are only exacerbated by the fact that I chose to rejoin WW in the winter holiday season. I honestly don't know if I will come out of this weighing any less, but I do know that I will come out of this season weighing less than I would have if I wasn't even trying.

This week is going to be a challenge, but I have done what I could to minimize temptation. I need to hit up the grocery store this evening because we are all out of good foods. I didn't have anything to bring for lunch today, so I will have to go to the salad bar at the cafe in my office building - last time I got a salad with greens & grilled chicken & a little bit of feta and balsamic vinaigrette, it was totally scrumptious and filling, so that is going to be my lunch. Tomorrow my department has a holiday lunch at a BBQ joint, but I have a good idea as to what I can order off the menu to stay on track (either a salad with grilled chicken or steak & dressing on the side, or a sandwich with a side of veggies). Thursday I was supposed to go to yet another lunch, this one at a Chinese buffet, but this one wasn't mandatory (the holiday lunch was, blegh), so I declined the invite. There is also a dessert party at our office on Thursday, so there is enough temptation for me to deal with there.

jeans Friday is going to be a great day though. I am rejoining WW with their new monthly pass on Friday morning before work! I am extremely excited. It's great timing too since it's the first week of the new WW program, though this center has participated in the pilot of this program so most everyone there is familiar with it.

In other news...I found some new motivation. I want some non-plus size jeans so bad! If only I can get into a 14 or 16 misses...I could get some jeans like these which make me drool. I hate being restricted to Lane Bryant and the Avenue. Especially because Lane Bryant seems to be going downhill in terms of quality and styling ever since they were bought out by Charming Shoppes (the owners of Fashion Bug). I want to shop at Ann Taylor Loft and The Gap and The Limited and Banana Republic! And Anthropologie! And I will!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya - I wish there was some magic words I could offer to help make you fell better and stronger about all this, but you already know them. And you're right. Not all of us are going to lose weight this month. I'm desperately hoping and trying, but so far I'm not looking so good, but we're all looking way better than we would be if we weren't thinking about it. So hang in there.

And I'm totally with you on Anthropologie. That and this little boutique store in Houston are the two places that I'm going to go shopping when i hit goal as a reward for myself. Just got to keep at it until then.... we CAN do it.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home