Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back on Track

Ok, well Thanksgiving was pretty wonderful, relaxing, peaceful, calm, tasty. The following Friday was also pretty nice, and on Saturday we hosted a big party with our friends and strong drinks, very very strong drinks. Today I slept late and nursed a hangover, reminded that I am no longer in college and can't handle that kind of partying.

So, I overindulged, I admit it. But this sort of stuff happens, what's important is getting right back on track, which is what I am doing. I am working on a meal plan tomorrow, am going to straighten up the kitchen, and psych myself up for YAY WEIGHT WATCHERS!

I have to remember how good I feel after exercising and how much better it feels to be eating real food instead of salty greasy sugary things. And that if most of my days are moderate and healthy, then a couple of overindulgent weekends are not going to kill me or make me stay fat. It's all about what you do the majority of the time.

I guess this mentality is part of why I don't entirely feel like I jive with BCB. Is it really wrong to feel this way? The BCB philosophy says so. Sometimes I think the BCB philosophy would have me go back there and ask for forgiveness and take 40 lashes and promise never to do it again. Maybe I don't want to be a person who freaks out over one meal. Maybe if I wasn't freaking out over one meal before that meal happened, it would have been limited to one meal instead of 4 days? The forbidden snacks are always the tastiest.

I do think that I overdid it and I never want to go that overboard again. I did good by getting rid of a lot of our leftovers, and forcing people to take cookies home that they brought, and throwing out seriously trigger-licious leftovers that I couldn't get rid of. But at the same time, I feel as though I could have done better by having a more healthy breakfast on Thanksgiving morning, by getting more exercise in all weekend, by using Friday as a rest day between parties to really stuff myself with veggies and fruits and healthy things. More than anything else, I overloaded on CARBS CARBS CARBS! Holy crap, carbs! Bagels and dinner rolls and raisin bread and pie. And all that crap just makes me crave more of the same, more of the same, until my stomach hurts and I can't sleep or move or stay still.

So, I don't like multiple days of junk food in a row. One per couple of months I think is not the end of the world. Christmas is coming up, followed by my husband's birthday two days later. I'd rather indulge on his birthday as I am taking him to a fondue restaurant then, and that food is worth the calories/fat grams/points/whatever. Christmas dinner (and the surrounding days) we will be at his parents' & grandparents' on the Cape. Luckily I feel like his mother and grandmother resent me for my weight, and they do manipulative things like give me extra small slivers of pie and make little comments about working out, etc, so I will be inclined to eat like a damn bird there anyway. So I will journal like a hardcore freak during Christmas, chew lots of gum, and pray to be released from the judgemental ones.

I guess December might be a good month to take up paper journalling. That way I don't have to lament the lack of connection to the Internet or BCB or WeightWatchers.com. I can bring my WW food companion book, a notebook, a pen, and some knitting or something. And I can drag my SIL who is a fellow weight watcher out for walks if it's not too miserable out.

Anyway, back on track, that's all that matters. Now, off to get a good night's sleep and start the work week on the right foot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fatinah said...

what is BCB?
Congrats on getting right back on the wagon - I'm doing that myself today. We rock!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's Boot Camp Buddies, a WW related message board.

Way to go on getting back on the wagon! Woohoo!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home