Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thinking about November

I am thinking about the previous month, and how stupid it is that I feel bad about it. True, I did not lose a ton of weight or meet any huge milestones, but I did something even more significant. I stopped wishing I was working to get healthy, and I started taking action. I started exercising again, started watching what I ate and writing it down. I started stepping on the scale regularly instead of trying to pretend that it didn't exist. I stopped wishing that I'd get my shit together, and instead I started doing something about it.

It doesn't matter how much weight I'm down, the point is that I didn't gain weight and I didn't even maintain. I lost weight. Even if the balance only winds up being 3 pounds, I lost weight during the Thanksgiving month.

So you know what? I did good.

To help me continue doing something about my health & weight, I bought two new workout videos. Target had what seems like compilations of WATP videos. There were 2 compilations, and each had one of the videos I was planning on getting. I'd been planning on buying Walk & Kick and the 4-mile workout. The compilation that had the Walk & Kick had copies of the other WATP workouts I already have on it (1-mile, 2-mile, & 3-mile), but the other one that had the 4-mile workout had Walk & Jog (which I don't have) and a 1-mile muscle walk (or whatever it's called). So I got the 4-mile one, and I just ordered the Walk & Kick by itself from Amazon just now - I should get it on Wednesday thanks to Amazon prime.

One thing I am sort of mentally struggling with is what the best way for me to keep track of my food is. I failed to buy a Quiktrak journal on Friday because I misread the meetings schedule and the WW center was closed. I think I like the Quiktrak Journal best though. It's nicely organized and it feels so good to thumb back through completed pages. Alternatives include a regular nice notebook, WW Online (which I subscribe to but mostly for the calculators & recipe builder), and just logging it on BCB which I already do.

I'll probably just try again to get a Quiktrak journal - that's clearly what I really want, and it's really cheap (like $4 for a 12 week journal). Whenever i think about going to the WW center, I once again consider signing up for meetings ... but I know I'll just quit again. I know this is stupidly neurotic of me, but I only believe in weighing in first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything, and while wearing the same outfit. This means that I can only do meetings (& weigh ins) on weekend mornings. Since I sometimes go away on the weekend, and sometimes sleep until very late and all the meetings are over, and the meetings are not that close to me...well, let's just say I have a track record for bagging the meetings.

I am more seriously contemplating joining Gold's gym in January. I'm enjoying working out at home right now, but eventually I'd like to start lifting some weights and using some quality cardio machines, and maybe even taking some classes to mix things up. Well, the gym is always there, for whenever I am ready. Since I'm enjoying home workouts, I should probably just continue with that until I feel like I need to change things around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

Congrats for losing 3 pounds during the month of November, and an even bigger pat on the back is in order for looking at the whole month instead of getting side tracked by one weigh in that may not have gone so well. You only need to keep putting one foot in front of the other in order to get somewhere....keep it up.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't really like the quiktrack journals, so I used the journal template from Dotti's website www.dwlz.com and took it to kinkos, had it copied on both sides and bound. It was only 6 bucks for 200 days worth of journals. That journal just felt more organized and structured to me than the WW journal. Just though I'd offer up the idea!

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh where, oh where has my Shrinky gone..?? We're missing you buddy!

Jessee

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home