Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bringing Shrinkyback (again!)

Yesterday I stayed OP and I feel great about it. I did my 3-mile WATP workout, ate according to my plan, and still managed to relax, have fun, and get enough sleep. Of course having that day under my belt makes it even easier for today to be an OP day too.

Lean Cuisine Skillet Sensations are a total lifesaver! They're so easy to make, tasty, filling, and low point (4-5 points for half of a bag). Last night I made the garlic chicken one for me & my husband, along with a Steamfresh bag of green beans. Steamfresh veggies are also a major lifesaver. On some level, I feel bad about all the convenience foods I eat, but it's healthier than what I'd otherwise be eating (i.e. high fat convenience foods!).

Tomorrow night I'm going grocery shopping so I've been thinking about what meals I want to make in the next week or so. I am definitely going to make some turkey-veggie chili - it's so delicious and super filling. It's 6 points for a big serving, and it's full of veggies & lean protein. I'll post the recipe when I get the chance. Basically all I do is make regular chili according to a chili spice packet for 2 lbs of meat. I use ground chicken breast or ground turkey breast for 1 lb of the meat, and instead of a 2nd pound of meat, I chop up 2-3 zucchinis, a cup or two of mushrooms, and use a 15-oz can each of dark kidney beans, black beans, and red kidney beans. What amazes me about it, is that a lot of my guy friends who claim to hate veggies and typically like to eat a lot of crap say that they like my chili better than the chili I used to make (which was full fat, no veggies, lots of beef). I didn't tell them it was healthy, I just told them it was a new recipe I tried. Sometimes it's ok to be a little sneaky. ;-)

Also for December I am going to get myself a new workout DVD and I want to come up with a good way of tracking my food that I enjoy using. I might go to a WW center and pick up a 12-week QuikTrak diary. I love those things. Maybe I'll even *gasp* think about rejoining meetings...hmm...I don't know. I wish there was a WW center closer to either me or my office. I'll have to think on it. Maybe. I am doing pretty well without meetings though, so I might just save the money for rewards and clothes and fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home