Saturday, March 31, 2007

Dinners

First off, I want to give myself mad props for staying OP at Pizzeria Uno's last night. I demanded that my friends & I go to a restaurant that provided NI - and demanded that we decide in advance so I could prepare for dinner. So, we went with Uno's, which everyone likes. They have some insanely high point items on their menu, but also several reasonable options, and they provide NI for absolutely everything both online and at a kiosk in their restaurant. So I really do appreciate Uno's for being so accomodating. I got the baked stuffed chicken which was 13 points, roasted veggies for both of my sides, and asked them to hold the breadstick. So, I feel really good about that, and not caving in to the greasy but delicious menu items like the Uno Burger or a deep dish pizza. Their deep dish "spinoccoli" pizza is, I think, the worst thing on the entire menu - it makes me kind of sick to think about all the times I ordered it thinking I was being sorta good for getting a veggie pizza. It's got more calories and fat than any of the meaty deep-dishes. Fortunately, their flatbread pizzas are not too bad for you - I believe a plain cheese one is 22 points, and it's really big so you could easily split it with someone or take home half. So that's 11 points for a generous serving of pizza...not too shabby! There are really several appetizing options on their menu that fit easily into WW or any other calorie-restricted meal plan, and none of them are pathetic like just a grilled chicken breast and steamed boring vegetables. Actually, you *can* get that at Uno's, but who actually likes to eat like that? I don't. It would be easier if I did...but I don't. I like tasty food, especially when I am spending money to eat out.

I feel very accomplished after going to both Trader Joe's and my regular supermarket today. I stocked up on good stuff and planned out some dinners for the week so that I don't have to make decisions when I am tired and cranky on weeknights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home