Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Something New (for me)

I tried something new in my quest for naturally sugarless, high protein snackage. I have heard people talk about Fage Greek-style yogurt, and was really excited to see some at Market Basket. Unfortunately they did not have the 0% fat free kind, but they had the 5% which is lower fat than the regular kind, 3 points for a decent sized container. And I was really impressed! It is so rich and tastes very different from regular plain yogurt. I had topped it with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of walnuts and it was such a satisfying snack.

I hope I can get my hands on some fat free Greek-style yogurt soon...I hear Trader Joe's has some, so I will have to take a trip there this weekend (after payday on Friday).

I will also have to stock up on some of their awesome frozen meals...they have stir fries and other meals that are healthy, points friendly, tasty, and a snap to make. And I've always been so impressed at TJ's prices...compared to Whole Paycheck Whole Foods, Trader Joe's has things at really great prices - lower prices than a normal supermarket letalone Whole Foods which seems to mark up even Cheerios to a ridiculous amount. The only thing Whole Foods has been good for lately is to stock up on some red lentils because they are the only people who seem to carry them near me. I used to like their sushi but lately that has gone down the tubes, and I no longer have to settle thanks to an awesome new sushi joint in my area (take that, Whole Foods!).

So, to summarize:
Fage Greek-style yogurt = Yummy
Trader Joe's = totally awesome
Whole Foods = overpriced but they have red lentils
Sushi = best from a sushi restaurant

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie C. said...

Ok- I'll alert you now- this is going to be a long comment. I am enjoying your blog a lot. First time on it today, but I immediately related because I am also trying to lose weight while fighting depression & anxiety. It's horrible. My kids (when they scream & throw tantrums) trigger the anxiety & also social situations & there are a bunch of triggers for depression. I have tried 8 different medications. :( Maybe I'm "treatment resistent"? But I have found that exercising helps a lot. Hardcore cardio shakes up the cobwebs in my brain somehow. Anyway, I'll be checking back & reading your blog. I love the food tips. Thank you & best of luck. You're doing great.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home