Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Current Project

Let me say one thing before I explain what I'm doing - I just don't want to hear about how it's a waste of time and [insert name of diet] works for you and there's no need to experiment with anything else. Sorry to be snippy, but I'm tired of comments that seem to almost be chastising me for experimenting with different things.

That said, I am reading a book I picked up. It has a very cheesy title: How To Make Almost Any Diet Work, by Anne Katherine. Despite the cheesalicious title, it seems to focus very much on learning how the chemicals in food affect your body / appetite / mood / etc.

Right now I am doing an exercise in the book that involves filling out a chart every day for 7 days. You're supposed to log your mood / appetite / hunger / other crap every hour, and also log the general composition of each meal (sort of what % of your meal was protein, fat, simple carbs, complex carbs). The goal is to just eat "normally", not trying to be "good" or "bad", for this week, to get a good picture of how the foods I'd normally eat affect me.

So far I'm staying on top of the chart, but man, every hour is a bit daunting. I do think that at the end of the week, it will be very interesting to analyze the results of this. I've never really dedicated myself to diagnosing a problem in any great detail, so I'm looking forward to the next step and analysing the data.

In other news...man, I'm sleepy today! Zzz.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll get no sass from me ;). I am a huge believer in changing things up all of the time!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like an interesting book ... I'll keep an eye out for it.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Fatinah said...

how can being well informed be a bad thing? I'm anxious to hear how it all works out. That is the fun part of reading blogs - you get to see what's out there. I say have at 'er!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a great exercise, let us know what happens... and who cares what anyone thinks - if this makes you happy then that's what counts... :o)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home