Monday, November 06, 2006

Salvaged Day

Note: I broke my blog so all of my links & buttons & customizations are gone. I'm in the process of moving my blog over to a new system & URL, so I'm just going to keep it broken until then.

-----------------------------------

Anyway, I wanted to write before I go to bed, because I am proud of today. Today started off terrible. I had trouble sleeping last night due to my evil cough. I woke up at 3 am and then 4 am, and had 2 sandwiches from low carb whole wheat bread, better'n peanut butter & jam. Already I blew 10 points before breakfast! When I woke up, I was groggy and just grabbed a couple packets of instant oatmeal before heading out to work.

However, when I got to work, I decided to regroup, let my buddies talk some sense back into me, and I realized that all was not lost. The day was young. So, I made a plan for the rest of the day, went for a walk outside at lunchtime, stuck to my mealplan, and did the 1-mile WATP after dinner too. I wound up using 5 WPAs today, which is not bad, considering that I chose to count those late night / early morning PB&J's, which a more sneaky Shrinky of the past might have chosen to ignore.

Being able to do this, to stay accountable, to get myself back on track, to not throw in the towel - it gives me a boost of confidence. I have a little more faith in myself. Let's see if I can repeat this tomorrow!

I've set some goals for the month, with small rewards for each of them. The older Shrinky might have also decided that I couldn't set goals 5 days into the month, but that's pretty stupid.

1. I will lose a total of 6 lbs by Nov 30, so that I weigh at most 252 lbs.
2. I will log everything I eat whether I am OP or not. I'm posting it at BCB to stay accountable.
3. I will exercise 30 min / 4x a week for the rest of the month. The type of exercise for this month is whatever I feel like.

What do you think? Reasonable? I think I can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home