Sunday, November 05, 2006

Just Thoughts

Well, on a whim I registered shrinky.net ... I used to own shrinky.org way back when, but some linkfarm bought it when I deliberately let it expire. I'm wondering if I was hasty in registering a domain again. Part of the beauty of having this blogspot blog is that it's so easy. It's not about funky layouts or extra content or whatever, it's just about me keeping a journal of my thoughts & feelings. That might just be what I need right now. I used to be really into buying domains and starting websites and all that stuff, but I kind of left that behind when I graduated college and got a real job. The fun sort of leaked out of it.

What is fun for me now? I guess really my only hobbies are reading & video games. I don't even read all that much, usually I just park my tush in front of the computer and waste hours talking to friends on IM, checking e-mail, checking Flickr, Livejournal, MySpace, Metafilter, the news...etc...and then I'll log in and play Puzzle Pirates or find something else to amuse myself and waste my time. No wonder I never get anything done.

At least when I'm reading I feel like I'm actively relaxing. It's soothing and calming, it's just me and whatever it is I'm reading. Sometimes I get the urge to munch while reading, but often it's enough to just curl up someplace comfy with a cat (or two) and my book.

I want to get into writing. I want to finish NaNoWriMo for once...but I find myself losing steam, hating what I've written, thinking that I write for shit. Nevermind that it's not the point, and no one even ever has to read my novel. The point is just to finish it! Ok...yeah...I really think I'm going to do some more work on that. Like, now.

Today I experienced the withdrawal effects of the antidepressant Effexor. It was pure hell, and I only skipped one dose. I decided to go ahead & take it, and call my doctor tomorrow to have her call in some refills to the local pharmacy. It scares me that when I do stop taking Effexor for good that it will be like this for longer than a single day. Now I know what people were talking about. I guess I never really took it seriously....I know that most SSRI and related antidepressants have withdrawal symptoms and that most people say Effexor is the worst. I had no problem skipping doses of Celexa when I was on that, but Effexor really made me feel like total shit today. It concerns me, because I was planning on talking to my doctor about trying something else...I honestly don't feel like Effexor has done much for me, despite the hype of it being able to help even the most severe depression. I think I felt better on Celexa.

Anyway I am going to go write a bit for NaNoWriMo and then get my butt to bed bright & early. I made a meal & exercise plan for tomorrow, and I also made a promise that I would journal here everyday, so I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home