Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Disappointed

I haven't been OP for a few days, and I'm pretty disappointed in myself for that. At first, it was because we didn't have any groceries and I didn't have any money for groceries, and on top of the logistics, I was kind of depressed while waiting for payday, so I just ate crap that we had. Then I was just feeling depressed, so I just ate what I wanted, when I wanted.

The laziness though I think is what's killing me. I feel like my organs are turning into full-fat cottage cheese inside my gut from sheer sloth. I want to join a gym, but I don't have the money right now. Is that an excuse to be lazy? Fuck no, I have an elliptical machine, which may be a piece of crap, but it works. I also have WATP videos that I know are a good workout for me, a good yoga video, and Comcast On Demand now has even more fitness options. And I could also be walking.

I'm so cranky and irritable and bored and depressed - exercise will help that, I know that. So, I am getting right back OP now, and I'm going to exercise tonight. Since I am, in fact, cranky, and I have stuff that I want to do tonight (NaNoWriMo, cleaning up my computer area, getting to bed at a reasonable time, straightening up the bedroom), here is my plan:

- Stop @ Subway on my way home to pick up dinner for me & K. I will get a 6" turkey & veggie sub (5 points) with light mayo (+2 points).
- After dinner, I will pop in the WATP 2 mile video and move the booty.
- I will take a nice, hot shower & get into my jammies (aka my novelist uniform).
- I will proceed to straighten my desk area out a bit, and settle down with a sliced apple and cup of herbal tea to work on reaching my 2,500 word goal for the day.
- I will at some point spend at least 15 minutes straightening up the bedroom.

I can do this. Lately I feel like I set goals and blow them off as fast as I set them. Why? I don't really know. I just feel so cranky and bored with everything, and apathetic about things. Even when I know I will feel better getting something done, I'm still likely to blow off most of the things on my to do list, unless they are life or death. I think it only helps to keep me in a state of crabbiness, and adds to my stress.

I'll check in before bed to let you know how I did. If it's after midnight EST and I haven't posted...yell at my lazy ass! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home