Thursday, October 26, 2006

Whine Alert!

I am feeling like a total whiny loser today, which reminds me of snackie's smallest violin post, which is in turn reminding me to get my shit together, stat.

Here's my whine: My head hurts, I have a migraine / sinus headache, my allergies are killing me, I'm depressed, I'm tired, I wasn't that great this morning, or last night, I didn't plan ahead, my apartment is still a frigging mess, I need to start exercising, I need to go to the grocery store, I need to sit down with K and do budget stuff, I need to clean the kitchen.

Ok, phew, that's out.

I am supposed to go to Foxwoods tomorrow night with the boys to lose a lot of money at the poker tables. I'm starting to think that I might be better off staying in, doing some laundry (I know that sounds pathetic but Friday night is the only night my apt complex's laundry room is guaranteed to be empty), watching a movie, and eating a dinner that is both points friendly *and* scrumptious, rather than crap at the Hard Rock Cafe and endless booze.

I think after wedding stuff and honeymoon stuff that maybe an evening to myself is just the ticket. This way K can have some boy time, I can have some me time to indulge my inner introvert, and I can easily stay OP, get some rest, get some cleaning done, and recharge a little. Saturday I am hoping to go with K to a new sushi place in town (ahhh, sushi, the decadent OP treat of the gods), and Sunday W & M invited us over to watch the eps of Battlestar they tivo-ed for us while we were getting married & honeymooning while eating brunch.

Brunch I can handle, btw. While I am bringing stuff to make Mimosas, I can totally stay OP with a couple Mimosas and some scrambled eggs and toast. One perk of being fat is the 30 target points I get each day, anyway.

I also want to decorate. Maybe this weekend I can hang some pictures and look into ordering a frame for the large antique poster I have wanted to hang over the bed for a million years. I'm also inspired to make a headboard, after my friend S did so, and it came out awesome. Plywood, batting, sturdy cloth, staple gun...easy as pie, and it's a great excuse for getting my VERY OWN STAPLE GUN which is something I have always wanted. There is no feeling quite as exhilirating as using a staple gun when you are stressed out or pissed off. I imagine it would be a million times better with one of those really tough staple guns or nail guns, but I'm a bit clumsy so I'll stick with the wussy staple guns that are just strong enough to go through some wood.

Head still hurts - A LOT. I think I am going to go home for lunch, eat a Lean Cuisine, and take a short nap. I love living close to the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home