Sunday, November 12, 2006

Quick Update

Just a quick update to wrap up the weekend. I had a really good weekend, WW-wise. Maybe not so much productivity-wise, but whatever. I have to say that while I think my overall energy level & mood have improved, I am still quite exhausted a lot of the time. Plus, I have a headache.

Friday night after work, K & I wound up taking a nap with the cats until shortly before Battlestar started. We woke up and I made some egg salad (light on the mayo, served on whole wheat) and was thus OP. I also exercised - WATP 3-mile!

Saturday we had some errands to run. I had eaten a 5 am snack (I am still working on not eating in the middle of the night, but in the meantime I am just logging it all as part of my daily points), and didn't eat breakfast. We went to lunch with a couple of friends at a new Chinese/Japanese restaurant. Turned out that they had a buffet, but I did really well - I stuck to sushi, melon, and reasonable portions of my 2 favorites dumplings & veggie tempura. I did not pile my plate to the ceiling, and I did not have a little bit of everything. Then I did my WATP 3-mile again, and went to dinner at Panera (had a plain bagel w/ sundried tomato cream cheese). We went bowling and I had a light beer and then stuck to diet soda...I have to say, I don't really like diet soda, but there is something in the going-out mentality that makes me want to order something other than water, so it's sort of a victory for me not to order regular Coke (which I love). When I got home, I was hungry, so I had an apple and a piece of light cheese. All in all, a really good OP day.

Today was also OP...I slept a lot & didn't exercise today...but I put together a really good dinner using leftovers and a skillet, and had a really tasting and sastisfying dessert of an oat bran pita (1 point) w/ 2 tbsp Better'n PB (2 points) and a drizzle of chocolate syrup (1 point) ... oh my goodness so good!

I ran to the supermarket today and had to make the choice as to whether to get any low point sweet snacks/desserts (e.g. WW snack cakes, Skinny Cows, etc)...I decided against it because I have done so well this week with limited sweets, and I can always make myself something like the above-mentioned pita dessert if I am really craving something. I'm also looking up some new recipes to try later on this week...I will probably make this Moroccan Eggplant stew I once made last year (that was fabulous and only like 3 points a serving...I'm not sure why I haven't made it since!). And Dhal soup. Mmm. It should be rainy & chilly all week so it will be a great week for soups & stews.

And...I guess that's about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home