Monday, November 13, 2006

Food & WATP

I am in a foodie mood right now...I've been chatting on AIM with one of my girlfriends and the conversation often gravitates to food.

I'm waiting until Wednesday (payday) to go to the grocery store again as an excuse to use up all of the things we have on hand already. Tonight I'm making a simple chicken/onion/cheese quesadilla and sald (6 points, can't beat it), and tomorrow night it's just going to be pasta & sauce.

Once I hit the store, I am going to be making the following...

Moroccan Chickpea Eggplant Stew (3 points/serving)
Dhal Soup - ohmygodsogood (7 points/serving)
Apple, Onion, & Goat Cheese Pizza (12 points/serving)

I also think I will try the following variaton of the Crustless Pumpkin Pie:

Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Servings: 6
Points per serving: 2

15 oz canned pumpkin
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 items egg white(s)
2 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup Nabisco Cream Of Wheat, 10 Minute

Mix the wet ingredients together with wire whisk, then add in dry. Pour into 8" square pan (or pie pan) sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven.


Note that I have no clue if it will turn out nicely or not - the last time I made the crustless pumpkin pie, it was kind of gross. Some people use something called "Simple Syrup" from DaVinci, so I will see if I can find it anywhere to use instead of the Splenda - I'm not a huge fan of Splenda these days. Although I bet the Simple Syrup uses Splenda, so maybe it's all the same.

My last post showed what a foul mood I was in ... I pretty much have been mopey and depressed since yesterday. I can't pinpoint a reason except that I didn't workout on Sunday. I'm interested to see if working out today makes me feel a bit better. If so, I don't think I'll be skipping anymore workouts.

I was browsing Amazon earlier for some ideas for some new workout videos to add to my rotation. Right now I'm just pretty much sticking with WATP 1,2, and 3 mile. I think I am going to pick up the WATP - Walk & Kick, Walk & Jog, and the 4-mile. On one hand, Leslie annoys me, but on the other hand, hers are the only workouts that I've really stuck with in my apartment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skip the yogurt in the pumpkin pie, and just use 1 can of FF evaporated milk -- it turns out much better. The yogurt gave it a tang. Also, if you want to cut the points a bit more, try only 1/4 cup of cream of wheat -- I can't decide if it's better with the 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Suzie, I will try that! How do you sweeten it, btw? I know you usually aren't into artificial sweeteners...

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just use 1/2 cup of plain old white sugar. I've been looking half-heartedly into alternative sweetening methods...I'll let you know when I've done my research.

9:31 PM  
Blogger shrinky said...

Very cool...adding 1/2 c sugar instead of Splenda only adds a point per 1/6 of the pie. I will probably do that because lately I have just felt gross about using too much Splenda.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home