Tuesday, October 10, 2006

4 days & counting...!

I am excited for the wedding (Saturday!) and for t he honeymoon (Monday!!!), but (and maybe this is sad), I'm almost more excited to get back into a routine at home. I'm excited to get the apartment cleaned up, put away the wedding gifts and the supplies I used for favor-making and whatnot. I'm excited to start using our new crockpot and cooking gadgets that we got at the shower. I'm excited to have the time and the energy to start taking better care of myself again too.

The next few days are going to be nuts. I am going to try & write down a daily schedule with the stuff I have left to do, so that I leave some room for getting a little relaxation in.

Tonight Kevin & I have a meeting with the wedding coordinator to go over the final stuff. I lost the seating chart I made! I have to rush home and print out another copy before we can go. Nuts!

Tomorrow I have to work, and on my lunch break I need to bring my car to have its damage appraised, and to get some smudge-proof pens at Staples. Then after work I need to go pick up my aunt at Logan Express. We'll probably meet dinner for Kevin somewhere fun, and I'll bring her to the hotel just in time to have to go back to Logan Express to pick up my parents. Maybe I can talk Kevin into doing that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thursday morning I have an eye doctor appointment, in which I hope to procure a week's worth of contact lenses to last me through the wedding stuff. Then I will have my parents and aunt help me re-make all of my damn favors because they are truffles and they melted in my apartment during the excessively hot & humid month of September. In the late afternoon, I have my final dress fitting & pickup, and will bring my dress to the hotel room. Then I guess we'll do dinner with my family. I'll probably make us reservations at the Naked Fish, not only because it absolutely rocks, but also because my favorite meal there is also healthy (seriously, wtf, that never happens). Ok, I suppose that getting plantains as one of my sides isn't the best option, but it is the best tasting option, and I hope it's made up for by my ordering the scrumptious grilled asparagus and citrus marinated chicken.

Hopefully Thursday after dinner the favors will be done, but if not, we will finish those little bastards, as well as the out-of-towner bags. The out-of-towner bags that I feel are totally unnecessary, but that my stepmother and father insist are very important and must be done. Bleggghhhhh.

Also, somehow, someway, laundry must be done! Maybe we can do a load or two tonight but Thursday night, more laundry is getting done.

I was going to say that Friday we should start packing for the honeymoon, but you know what? Screw it. That's what Sunday is for. Friday the only plan is for the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner & then we invited the wedding party to hang out and have cocktails and maybe play Apples to Apples and Guitar Hero.

Have you ever played Apples to Apples? It's the most fun "board" game to play while drinking. Even people who hate board games seem to enjoy it. And I say "board" game with the quotes because there's no board, just cards.

Saturday is The Big Day and I get to sleep late since I don't have to be at the salon until noon. This is the #1 perk of having an evening wedding...well that and the fact that dancing in the daytime is just strange. The ceremony starts at 5:15, dinner at 7, I'll probably go into the bathroom and cry about something one of my relatives did at some point, at which point one of my bridesmaids will bring me a whisky sour, and I'll go back and dance to Ice Ice Baby. Isn't that what weddings are about?

Sunday we get to have some breakfast, pack up for Aruba, confirm all our flight & hotel plans again, give Eric our keys and cat sitting instructions, and attempt to recover. And this reminds me that I really need to look up the flight info again because I have no idea what time we're leaving. And I'm supposedly the organized one.

Is it extremely neurotic control freak of me to type up a honeymoon itinerary? You know what? I don't care. I'd rather get organized now while I'm already stressed out so I don't have to stress out worse on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home