Sunday, March 26, 2006

OP Sunday

I admit it - yesterday was the last day of my WW "week", and I went over my points - I had 2 WPAs left and my daily target of 30 points, and I blasted through them before the afternoon was up. Shortly after this screw up, I posted about it at BCB and made a plan for the rest of the day. I had long-standing plans to go out to a Japanese restaurant with friends, and I knew that skipping dinner would only make it harder for me to stay OP and easier for me to get frustrated and throw in the towel. So I decided to eat my planned dinner, no more, no less, and with a suggestion from my buddies at BCB, I did a workout video to get a few APs.

I have been struggling lately. Part of it is that I do feel hungry a lot - I'm not used to eating less. But I think a lot of it is mental. Yesterday I started snacking like crazy because I was tired / moody / not feeling great. Weekends tend to be the hardest for me. So today I challenged myself to stay perfectly OP.

I made a plan last night before bed, for what I would do today. I planned breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack, as well as a workout. It turned out that I overslept and that bread that I had incorporated into my plan had gone stale. No problem. I changed breakfast to brunch, used a tortilla to wrap my eggs instead of some toast, and had some juice. For lunch, I pared down my plan to more of a snack (a salad with light dressing and an apple). Since it's a Sunday night and I'm home on my own, I have planned to make an individual mini-pizza with a store bought crust, lowfat cheese, sauce, and olive oil, and some broccoli. Afterwards I'm going to watch a movie, and make some 94% fat free popcorn as my snack.

So far, I am doing great! I admit, I'm a little hungry and I've been fighting the desire to poke through the cabinets. But I am not starving, and I feel pretty good and in control. Good things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home